Monday, 24 February 2014

Independent learning log

T1W7

Date: 23/2/14
Ding Ruo Qian

What I did: I wanted to learn some new vocabulary so I looked up on vocabulary.com for some new vocabulary.

Source: vocabulary.com

What i learned:
Adumbrate:  To sketch out in a vague way (The coach adumbrated a game plan, but none of the players knew precisely what to do.)
Anathema: A cursed, detested person (I never want to see that murderer. He is an anathema to me.)
Approbation:  Praise (The crowd welcomed the heroes with approbation.)
blandish: To coax by using flattery (Rachel’s assistant tried to blandish her into accepting the deal.)
Discursive: rambling, lacking order (The professor’s discursive lectures seemed to be about every subject except the one initially described.)

No comments:

Post a Comment