Performance Task: Group Presentation Podcast
Duration of Presentation:10-20 min per group podcast
Date of Submission: Week 5, 2014 (Script and Podcast)
Week 6 (OBS)
Date of Presentation: Week 7, 2014
If you are wondering which group you belong to, refer to the table below.
Group 4- Genetically Modified Foods
Genetic Engineering: Babies
2. Yee Theng
4. Shaun Neo
1. (Htet Wai Yan)
Instructions for Monday Lesson (27 Jan, 2014):
Group yourselves quickly and have a productive, interactive and constructive session. Adhere to the allotted time strictly. (Read through all directions before starting.)
1) (5-7 min) Leaders, organise your groups and assign tasks for presentation:
- introduction, historical background, Important milestones or figures, current discoveries/applications/
trends, future direction/trends, conclusion, etc... (This is just a guide, create your own if you wish to)
Please read and discuss to prevent overlapping information! Prepare your written script before podcasting.
2) (15 min) Leaders to facilitate: Read and discuss the questions listed below. Get a time-keepker and recorder to keep track of your discussion.
Scope of the Podcast:
- What is the purpose of the podcast?
- Who is the intended audience?
- What is the message I want to convey to my audience?
- What is the theme of my presentation?
- How did that influence my image selection, font and color selection and placement of material?
- What is the issue in my presentation?
- What are the current trend and future trend?
- Concluding remarks?
3) (20 min) Discuss the technical aspects of podcast production and how you wish to present it. What's your style of presentation? (Dramatic or documentary or entertaining?) Assign duties and responsibilities. Prepare a timeline.
4) (10 min) Individual planning. Spend the remaining time reading or researching online for more information. (Minimal disruptions- work silently, whisper if necessary)