Monday, 13 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

T1W1
6/1/2014
Source:

What I did:
I wanted to work on my essay writing skills, so I studied a paper by the Cambridge Press on expository essays. I also did several exercises within the paper.

What I learned:
1. Based on the article, I was able to further understand the format and content in an expository writing and also the components in each paragraph. For example, a thesis statement should include: the topic of the essay, the writer’s position, opinion, or approach to the topic and the main ideas that will develop and support the writer’s position. 

2. I also am aware that by adding a hook to the essay, it makes the reader more interested in the paper. Also, I learned that the hook could be anything from a quotation or statement.

Summary:


The learning experience for me today was mentally taxing as the language used was dry and boring albeit still fun and rewarding as several exercises were added. In essence, I learned that an expository essay should be logical, have good language and answers to the topic or question.

DANISH 

No comments:

Post a Comment