Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

Ikmal Hakeem (17)
S3-01

T1W1

8/1/2014
8.30pm-9.30pm

Sources:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-25633545
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-24985531

What I did:


I decided to catch up on some of the recent news articles about the advancements in science and the environment. Along the way, I came across some words that I did not know and looked them up in a dictionary to learn the meanings of the words which could be used in future essays. I can try to use these terms that I have learnt in my speech and future essay writing exercises in order to improve on them.


What I learned:


Words I do not understand:


quipped - a clever or witty remark

ejecta - matter ejected
synthesize - to form by combining parts or elements
placards - to publicize
conurbations - an extensive urban area resulting from the expansion of several cities or towns so that they coalesce but usually retain their separate identities.
contradictions - direct opposition between things compared

No comments:

Post a Comment