Sunday, 19 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

T1W2
4-4.30pm
19/1/2014

Source: http://richard-a-patterson.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/Writing_Expository_Essays.6221353.pdf

What I did:
I wanted to learn more about writing expository essays so I searched the internet and found this website that teaches how to write expository essays

What I learned:
Expository essays are written to inform, explain, describe, or define things. Although it may be impossible to avoid giving opinions the essay is not written to argue a point or be an opinion piece. The personal pronoun (I think) is not used. Most of the time, topics are given as a prompt and the essay will discuss this prompt. To write an expository essay, I should think about what ideas are in the prompt and what is it that I wish to say about these ideas

1 comment:

  1. Good work on doing the ILL on expository writing as we are learning it in class and we can apply what you have learnt in class too.

    ReplyDelete