Monday, 13 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

Date: 8th January 2014

Source: Mythology of Ancient Greece and Rome

WHat I did: I read the book as I am interested on the topic of mythologies and legends, especially those of Ancient Greece and Rome.

What I have learned: I have learnt more about personification, as the author has used that technique of describing something in the book by personifying aspects of nature and life as deities. For example: the author personifies the change of seasons to be caused by Hades, the god of the underworld, abducting Persephone to be his wife and Demeter, the goddess of agriculture, being depressed by that rampaged all over Greece, making all plants die, therefore causing winter. I can apply this technique of personification to my essays to make it more descriptive and "colorful".

No comments:

Post a Comment