Monday, 27 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

T1W3
24/1/2014
7.00pm - 8.00pm


What I did:
I wanted to improve my general knowledge and argumentative skills so I went to read up on the latest news to analyse the article. 

What I learned (General Knowledge) : 


Our technology these days are so advanced that it can keep a woman pronounced brain dead alive. This is a critical sign that maybe, in the near future, technology may be able to help us extend our average lifespans. However, sometimes, when a person is pronounced brain dead and is put on life support, there are many arguments over whether the patient should be taken off life support or not between the patient’s family and the hospital. Due to some cases over the past few years depicting a person considered ‘brain dead’ waking up and commenting that he/she was conscious to their surroundings as if in a state of coma, there are many debates between the lawyers representing the different parties. However, in the end, it should be the family’s decision as to whether the patient should be taken off life support or not because they are related to the ‘deceased’ and should be given the decision, not the hospital. The hospital should just be there advising the patient’s family. 

P.S. sorry for the late post, I thought I have already posted it but it turns out that it was not posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment