Sunday, 26 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

T1W3
6.30pm - 7.30pm
26/1/14

Source: http://www.bbc.com/travel/feature/20131210-the-island-of-aphrodites-ancestors


What I did:
What I learned:
I have learned that Cythera was the birthplace of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love in mythological terms. The island itself is a geographically strategic place for merchants and sailors to pass by. There are also many other myths in the island, such as Cythera's British government fell in love with a girl from a nearby village and decided to build a bridge (Katouni Bridge) to see her daily. I also learned that Cythera is a great place to go for a vacation to!


I read up an article on BBC about the Island of Aphrodite's ancetors, Cythera. I have an interest regarding the greek mythologies and history as I found it interesting, thus I decided to read the article. After doing so, I jotted down a few of the words that I was not aware of and picked up some of the interesting facts from the article.

Clout - influence, or power
Cosmopolitan - familiar with and at east in many different countries and culture
Relic - an object surviving from the earlier time

No comments:

Post a Comment