Sunday, 19 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

T1W2 3:55pm - 4:01pm 19/1/14 Source: Vocabulary.com What I did: I decided to test my vocabulary using vocabulary.com and I was hoping I would learn a few more words from my two tests. What I learned: I learned 5 new words I find useful for my future essay writings Primer- a noun that means the first or preliminary coat of paint or size applied to a surface. Pertinacity- a quality of sticking with something no matter what; a type of persistent determination. Plaintiff- the person or group in a courtroom who is accusing another person or group of some wrongdoing. If you are the plaintiff, you are claiming that a law was broken, and you're in court to present your case. Allotted- an adjective which means given as a task Nettled- If you are nettled, it means that you are irritated or annoyed.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you decided to do, as knowing more words and putting them in your vocabulary bank is a good way to improve on your language use. One thing to comment is that maybe you could improve on the format of your post, as it is quite challenging to read.

    ReplyDelete