Monday, 27 January 2014

Independent Learning Log T1W3

T1W3
26th January 2014
8.00 p.m. to 8.30 p.m. 

Source(s) : 



What I did: I read news articles regarding the Little India Riots and how Malaysians are reacting to them. I decided to do a short summary on the two articles. 


Summary of the two articles: 

On the 8th of December 2013, a riot broke out in Little India over the fatal accident of a foreign worker. The rioters mainly composed of Indian Nationals who attacked the bus involved in the accident and also emergency vehicles at the location. The riots caused mass disruption and loss of property in Little India. This is the second mass riot to have happened in Singapore. The Singapore government is taking actions against the rioters and are deporting those involved. The Malaysians on the other hand are assisting by monitoring immigration activities of the culprits to Malaysia.

Conclusion


This activity has made me more aware of Singapore news and also has shown me the cooperation between the Malaysian and Singapore authorities which I previously believed to be nonexistent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment