Monday, 13 January 2014

Independent Learning Log

Title: Six odd and crazy technologies at CES 
Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/06/tech/web/ces-unveiled/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

What I did:
I read through the article in search for words that I have not chanced upon with, in order to improve my vocabulary, and also to improve my reading and oral skills. Also, I read the article so that I would know more about what is happening around the technological world and to learn more about the inventions relating to technology. With the words that I have not came across with, I used dictionary.com to search for the meanings of the words. Not only that, I also read some of my classmates' posts and articles in order to widen my knowledge regarding things that are happening around the world. 

What I learned:
I learned that drones are found in the CES airspace and that they can be easily controlled with one’s smartphones. These drones could be used to do certain things such as to take videos and photos. Also, there are new types keyboards that are of odd shapes that are used in CES. Also, trackers for your body temperature, fitness trackers and trackers for basically anything exists and is used commonly in CES. From the article, I have learned some of the tech words that can be found in the article and other words that I have not come across with such as “spectrum”.

Spectrum - A broad range of varied but related ideas or objects
Telemetry - Any of certain devices or attachments for determining distances by measuring the angle subtending known distance
Gizmos - A gadget or a device

1 comment:

  1. Good summary and vocabulary. Good job and keep it up

    ReplyDelete