Sunday, 19 January 2014

ILL

T1W2
9.45am - 10.15am
19/1/14

Source: http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/17/world/how-syria-talks-were-derailed-before-they-started/index.html?hpt=wo_c1

What I did: I read the article as stated above, as well as the comments in the article. Also, I googled some of the terms from the article that I was not familiar with.

What I learned:
I learned about the different opinions of what was happening in Syria now, and understand the conditions of Syria. From the article itself, I learned new words to add to my vocabulary bank.

Such as:
insurgency - a person fighting against a government or invading force
de-facto - in fact, whether by right or not
fraudulent - obtained, done by

Also, I learned more about Syria such that it was difficult to end the war. As the hold back factor for the US government to stop the war were because of Al Nusra and ISIS, who are both terrorist organizations (as identified by countries like the US and UK) that were active in Syria.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting topic to research on, good work, keep it up

    ReplyDelete